- Sanus SanatoriumCzech Republic 73262
- 2. German Hospital TaksimTurkey 45099
- 3. Zlin Clinic for Reproductive Medicine and GynaecologyCzech Republic 31994
- 4. Preecha Aesthetic InstituteThailand 21704
- 5. Praxis für FertilitätGermany 21668
- 1. Island Hospital PenangMalaysia 16.11.15
- 2. INSTITUT JANTUNG NEGARA - The National Heart Institute of MalaysiaMalaysia 15.11.15
- 3. Samad IVF HospitalIndia 07.05.15
- 4. Apollo Fertility and IVF centerIndia 07.05.15
- 5. Medsurge Healthcare – Infertility Treatment IndiaIndia 07.05.15
What medical field are you seeking for your health check-up?
Reproductive medicine has experienced a dynamic growth in recent decades. Cutting edge technologies have made it possible for childless couples to make their dream come true – to have their own genetically related children.
Efficiency and safety of modern reproductive technologies have direct reference to the quality of auxiliary services with legal advice and consulting being on the front line. These services are made a lot of demands on because reproductive technologies cover not only medical but also legal, psychological, and other relevant issues. Complex nature of rendering such specific services has united highly-qualified practicing specialists from most parts of the world which has acquired international status.
ART - Assisted Reproductive Technologies
In a wide sense, the term “assisted reproductive technologies” (ART) could be applied for any kind of treatment, which is used to increase success rate of conception. In modern terminology ART is referred to any interventions related to in vitro fertilization (IVF) and embryo transfer. Short review of modern ART procedures is presented below.
- Extracorporal fertilization (in vitro fertilization - IVF);
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI);
- Oocyte donation;
- Surrogate motherhood.
Programme “Donation of eggs (oocytes)” is designated for women, whose eggs who are lacking or have a high risk of giving life to children with hereditary (genetic) pathologies, or with continuous failed attempts of methods of artificial fertilization. At present day this programme gives a possibility for a married couple with serious pathologies of eggs or sperm to pass the way of pregnancy and labor.
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) is conducted in the programmes of IVF with the purpose to increase success rate of fertilization. The procedure consists in introduction of a spermatozoid into ovule by means of special tools under microscope. ICSI was conducted for the first time in 1992 and it is the best way of male sterility treatment. ICSI can be also applied in case of fertility of unknown reasons. Pregnancy rate of one application of ICSI reaches 30-35%.
Surrogate motherhood is a technology of human reproduction, when woman voluntary agrees to get pregnant with the purpose to carry and deliver a biologically unrelated child, who will be given to another persons (his/her genetic parents) for bringing up. They will be legally considered as parents of this child, in spite of that he/she was carried and delivered by a Surrogate.