- Sanus SanatoriumCzech Republic 73262
- 2. German Hospital TaksimTurkey 45099
- 3. Zlin Clinic for Reproductive Medicine and GynaecologyCzech Republic 31994
- 4. Preecha Aesthetic InstituteThailand 21704
- 5. Praxis für FertilitätGermany 21668
- 1. Island Hospital PenangMalaysia 16.11.15
- 2. INSTITUT JANTUNG NEGARA - The National Heart Institute of MalaysiaMalaysia 15.11.15
- 3. Samad IVF HospitalIndia 07.05.15
- 4. Apollo Fertility and IVF centerIndia 07.05.15
- 5. Medsurge Healthcare – Infertility Treatment IndiaIndia 07.05.15
What medical field are you seeking for your health check-up?
Republic of Lithuania/Lietuvos Respublika
Area: 65,3 thous. sq. km
Big cities: Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda, Šiauliai, Panevėžys
Climate: mostly temperate; mild coastal near the sea; continental in central and eastern areas with no boiling heat or freezing cold
Languages spoken: Lithuanian, Russian
Local time: GMT +02
Calling code: +370
Currency: Lithuanian lita
Credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, American Express
Visa: not required by citizens of EU, Iceland, Norway, and Switzerland for a stay up to 90 days; required by CIS nationals. For more details please visit http://www.worldwide-tax.com/lithuania/lit_visa.asp
Transport: air transport, rail transport, motor transport, water transport
International airports (cities): Vilnius, Kaunas, Palanga
Nowadays, Lithuania offers a very high level of medical services according to the standards of top European clinics. High efficiency treatment results are achieved owing to a wide range of medical services provided in major private and state University clinics and rehabilitation centres of medical aid.
Treatment in Lithuania is performed in the following fields:
- general and special cardio checkup. It takes only several hours to get an accurate diagnose, and very frequently – to eliminate, for instance, blood vessel constriction or embolism (Kardiolita private clinic).
- cardiac surgery. Vast positive experience is accumulated and heart surgeries of any complexity are performed (Vilnius Heart Surgery Center).
- neurosurgery. It is possible to conduct the most complex surgeries of brain and spinal chord applying cutting-edge ultrasound and laser equipment and innovative methods.
- general and endoscopic surgery. Surgeries of digestive tract, lungs, and major blood vessels are performed. Endoscopic surgeries, for example, of gall bladder, spleen, and hernia ablation (Baltic-American Medical and Surgical Clinic).
- urology. Radical treatment of prostate in case of cancer, possible endoscopic and common ablation of adenoma. Aid provided in cases of impotency, male infertility, and other male diseases.
- gynaecology. Various types of gynaecological surgeries applying endoscopic equipment. Highly effective uterine cancer treatment. Gynaecological endocrinology, artificial insemination with high percentage of fertilization. Diagnostics of pregnancy, control over fetal development and health (Clinic of Gynaecology and Artificial Insemination).
- orthopaedics. Transplantation of major joints, for example, knee and hip joint. Endoscopic surgery of any joints.
- cosmetic and plastic surgery. Plastic surgeries of altering the face, ear conches, nose, breast enlargement and reduction, removal of excessive fat, etc. Removal of skin defects and other surgeries applying state-of-the-art laser equipment.
Ancient balneological resorts located in Lithuania offer their foreign patients today verified treatment and recovery methods combined with the advanced achievements of medicine. Citizens of the Eastern and Central Europe, and the CIS countries come here for recovery and resort recreation.
Druskininkai is one of the top famous Lithuanian resorts. It is a small but very homely town in the South of the country, 130 km from Vilnius. It is renowned for its unique mineral springs (Chloride group of Sodium and Calcium), therapeutic muds, and excellent health centres and marvellous nature. The muds here are the match of the muds in Karlovy Vary by their healing properties. In the course of therapeutic and recovery process they apply ancient traditions of sanatorium treatment, complemented with leading-edge technologies and methods. Indications for stay at the resort – diseases of digestive, peripheral nervous, cardio-vascular, joints, spine, skin and endocrine system. Unique mineral waters and healing muds are applied during the therapeutic and recovery process. Unequalled drinking water produces a healthsome influence on the mucous coat of the stomach and dodecadactylon, stimulates bile elaboration, reduces intragastric acidity, normalizes endocrine profile, and increases immunity. Water procedures relieve pain, relax muscles, normalize blood circulation and metabolism, improve the state of skin. During procedures, they add extracts of healing herbs, microelements, emulsion of white turpentine, and Carbon acids to the water. Peat muds produce heat, mechanical, and chemical effects. They improve blood circulation and metabolic processes in organism. The wonderful nature of Lithuania, coniferous forests, water pools, mild climate, and clean air reinforce treatment results, give strength, energy, and vitality for a long time frame.
Birshtonas is another well-known Lithuanian balneological resort. It is 90 km from Vilnius and 40 km from Kaunas. Birshtonas is famed for its mineral water and therapeutic muds discovered in XIX century. At present there are only two sanatoria in Birshtonas –Versme and Tulpes. Foreign citizens come here for prevention and recovery with the diseases of nervous, respiratory, digestive, and blood circulatory systems, metabolism disorders, joint and spinal aches, and skin problems. Muds, silt, and mineral waters are applied for procedures. Water is also prescribed for drinking courses and hydro procedures. Peat muds enriched with mineral substances and herb extracts are used for baths and applications. They help relieve aches and pains, as well as inflammatory processes. Clean and fresh air of Birshtonas acts as a natural inhalator, because it is enriched with phytoncides and light negative ions. Quiet and calm always reside at the resort. This is an ideal place for rest, leaving problems behind, relieving stress and chronic fatigue.
The prestigious international sea resort Neringa is washed by the waters of the Baltic Sea and the Kursh bay. Foreign patients arrive here to strengthen their health, undergo preventive courses for the diseases of cardio-vascular, nervous, respiratory systems and musculoskeletal apparatus. Besides, the overseas guests will be offered to take exclusive Spa procedures. For face care they apply rose therapy with lifting, spiruline therapy, procedures with cocoa butter and seaweed, bee products, moisturizing procedures with black pearls. The body care complex of programmes includes lush chocolate Spa therapy, grape therapy, ayurvedic purifying mud procedures, and even the sparkling gold therapy.
Spa and Sanatoriums:
3*- from €50;
4*- from €75;
5*- from €110.
Cepelinai (the most famous Lithuanian meal made of potato dumplings stuffed with meat and smoked bits of fat dressed with cream and mushroom gravy), labas (fried bread sticks sprinkled with sunflower seeds, garlic, and cheese), rye-flour bread with raisins, caraway, or herbs; kugelis (traditional Lithuanian baked pudding made of potato, bacon, onion, and cream); švilpikai (baked potato squares usually served with meat or mushroom sauce).
Gediminas Castle (one of the first Gothic constructions built in 1230; Lithuanians are proud to enjoy its main tower as a symbol of Vilnius), St. Peter and St. Paul’s Church (the peak of Vilnius baroque of the 18th century with severe exterior and serene
interior), Artillery Bastion (big collection of ancient weaponry), Trakai Castle (once a defensive fortress in the like-named ancient Lithuanian capital it nowadays enjoys the status of the only island castle throughout entire Eastern Europe), the Hill of Crosses near Šiauliai (this symbol of Lithuanian struggle for freedom was established in 1831; since then it has become traditional to place crosses to commemorate the killed innocents).
The Palanga Amber Museum (home to the only precious stone quarried on the territory of the country), Broadway Nightclub in Vilnius (meeting point for artists, musicians, journalists, and business people), the Kurshskaya Sand Bar (this 98km long peninsula takes pride in its UNESCO World Heritage status).